Sing with Us!
Give us a try! Join in on a rehearsal, meet the director.
A fabulous season is underway. We are looking for singers to become part of the Hollywood Master Chorale. We are planning to appear at Carnegie Hall in February 2018!.
Open Rehearsals for the June concert are March 29, April 12, and ongoing.
Contact Martha, our Auditions Coordinator:
Please include your contact information and a brief resume of your vocal training and experience. You will be given about 10 minutes to meet with the Artistic Director, and you will be notified about acceptance shortly after your audition.
The meeting consists of two parts:
- A solo
Please prepare a solo with piano accompaniment. HMC provides the accompanist. All the singer needs to bring is a copy of the music for both the accompanist and the Artistic Director.
- Sight reading
You will be asked to sing one or two selections from four-part choral works.
The Hollywood Master Chorale performs three major concerts annually in December, March and May/June. In addition, the Chorale sings at private, community and civic functions. The concert season schedule is announced in the fall of each year. As a member you are expected to:
- Commit in advance to the scheduled performance dates for the entire season.
- Attend rehearsals as scheduled, beginning Wednesday evenings in September through the last concert in June. The HMC has an attendance policy that all singers for a given concert be present at the first and last rehearsals for that concert and miss no more than 1 rehearsal per concert preparation period.
- Review your music at home so that Chorale rehearsals can focus on technique and section challenges.
- Pay Chorale dues.
- Assist in selling tickets to HMC concerts.
Members of the Hollywood Master Chorale rehearse once a week on Wednesday evenings. All rehearsals:
- Are held at Beverly Hills Presbyterian Church.
- Their address is 505 N. Rodeo Dr., Beverly Hills, CA 90210.
- Take place from 7:30 to 10:00 PM each Wednesday.
- Technical rehearsals are added the week of the performances and are listed on the season concert schedule. Additional sectional rehearsals may be scheduled as needed.
- Begin promptly.
- Chorale members are expected to arrive on time. Rehearsals are intense and rewarding. Break times offer members the chance to meet and get to know new singers.